TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The purpose of this form is to allow Watsons Caravans to determine whether you and the towing vehicle meet the minimum threshold safety requirements necessary to allow Watsons Caravans to hire to you. Watsons Caravan’s reserves the right to refuse hire to you, if we believe, on reasonable grounds, there is a safety risk.
Please ensure that all information you provide is true and accurate. If it is discovered that you have provided information that is either false or misleading, Watsons Caravans reserves all rights to terminate the hire Agreement and demand immediate return of the hired vehicle and payment of all monies owed.
If the caravan hired to you has electric brakes fitted. The hirer will conduct a compulsory safety check on your Towing Vehicles electrical system to check the compatibility of your towing vehicles electrical system with the caravans electric brake system. Please note that this is a strict condition of hire.
Thank you for providing us with your information to allow us to assess your suitability to Hire. The Hirer reserves the right to refuse to hire on reasonable safety grounds.
A $1,000 Bond is payable on pickup.
- The hirer must hold a full unrestricted and current Australian Driver’s license and be not less than 21 years of age and not more than 85 year of age.
- The hirer must not have been refused motor vehicle insurance at any time prior to entering into this Agreement.
- The Hirer warrants that he / she has not previously being convicted of any offences relating to driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs or driving with blood alcohol content equal or greater than the legal limit constituting an offence at law.
- The Hirers towing Vehicle must have a current comprehensive insurance policy and must provide Watsons Caravans with written evidence of this insurance prior to hire.
- To enable Watsons Caravans to assess whether the towing vehicle satisfies Watsons Caravans safety requirements, the Hirer must provide Watsons Caravans prior to hiring, detail of the make / brand of the towing vehicles tow ball weight and maximum towing limit. If the towing vehicle does not meet Watsons’s Caravans minimum requirements for safe towing Watson’s Caravans reserves the right to refuse to hire any hire vehicle to the Hirer. If Watsons Caravans refuses to hire to the Hirer on the grounds set out in this clause following a visual inspection of the Towing vehicle by Watsons Caravans on the pickup date, 50% of the deposit will be retained by Watsons Caravans
- Hirer must have towing experience.
TOWING AND HIRING CONDITIONS
- The Hirer is fully responsible for the security and care of the Hire Vehicle (including all equipment and accessories provided with the hire vehicle) at all times.
- The Hirer must be identified on the Hire form before towing the Tow vehicle
- The Hirer must not tow the Hire Vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol and / or drugs
- The Hirer is not permitted to lend or sub – lease the Hire Vehicle or any of the Accessories supplied by Watsons Caravans to any other persons.
- The Hire Vehicle must not be driven onto ferries under any circumstances.
- Towing of the Hire Vehicle is restricted to bitumen sealed roads in the state of New South Wales and Queensland. Watsons Caravans will however, allow the Hire vehicle to be towed over gravel road access tracks to recognized camping grounds in National Parks provided that the access road is a dry and well maintained 2 wheel drive road being no longer than 250 meters from the sealed road.
- Use in other states and territories is only permitted with prior agreement and if specified in the Hire Agreement.
- The Hirer must not tow the Hire Vehicle on beaches, across river crossings, swollen creeks, or along flooded roads. The Hire Vehicle must not enter areas that are classified as being or expected to be threatened by a cyclone
- The Hirer must ensure that the Hire Vehicle is at all times towed in a safe manner according to road and weather conditions.
- A minimum deposit of 50 % of the total Hire charge is required to be paid at the time of booking.
- No bookings will be held unless the deposit in clause 3.a above is paid
- The remaining balance of the Total Hire charge is required to be paid not less than 14 days before the pick – up – date of the Hire Vehicle at Watsons Caravans.
- The Owner will accept cash, direct bank deposits, EFTPOS, MasterCard or VISA
- The Owner reserves the right to cancel the Hire Agreement at any time if the Hirer fails to comply with the terms of the payment set out on clause 3c and at such time, any deposit paid by the Hirer will be forfeit to the Owner absolutely.
- The Hirer must pay the Security Bond to Watsons Caravans on the pick – Up Date prior to removing the Hire Vehicle from the Owners Premises. The security Bond amount includes and amount covering excesses and insurance costs.
- The security bond will be refunded (in part of whole depending on the condition of the Hire vehicle upon return) 7 days after the return date enabling the owner to carry out a full inventory of the included Accessories and a maintenance / condition check of the Hire Vehicle.
- If, after making a booking, the Hirer wishes to cancel, the Hirer must give written notification to the Owner. Any refund payable to the Hirer will depend on the period of notice given by the Hirer to the Owner of the cancellation.
- If the Hirer provides the Owner with more than 90 days prior notice, the hirer will receive a full refund of the deposit paid less an administration fee of $40.00.
- If the Hirer provides the Owner with more than 45 days notices (but less than 90 days notice) the Hirer will receive a refund of the deposit paid less a charge of $200.00 or 25% of the total hire charge whichever is greater.
- If the Hirer provides the Owner with more than 22 days notice (but less than 45 days notice) the Hirer will receive a refund of the deposit paid less a charge of $250.00 or 30% of the total hire charge whichever is greater.
- If the Hirer provides the Owner with less than 22 days notice the hirer will receive no refund of the deposit paid.
- If the Hirer fails to pick up the Hire vehicle on the Pick-up date, the Hirer will forfeit to Watson’s caravans the deposit paid.
DAMAGE TO HIRE VEHICLE
- If any damage occurs to the Hire Vehicle during the Hire Period, the entire or part of the Security Bond (depending on the extent of the damage) will be retained by Watsons Caravans at the discretion of the Manager should the cost of replacement / repair exceed the Security Bond the Hirer will forfeit the bond to Watsons Caravans.
- All damage to the tyres and / or the rims of the Hire Vehicle will be the responsibility of the Hirer. All tyres punctures, blow outs, tyres shreds etc must be repaired / replaced by the Hirer at the Hirers expense.
- The Hire Vehicle must not be altered, modified or tampered with in any way, internally and externally. Items must not be stored on the Hire Vehicles floor as these can cause damage to the floor coverings and furniture. Any parts of the Hire Vehicle found to be broken, missing, substituted or lost will result in the repair / replacement cost to be deducted from the Security Bond.
- In the event of an accident involving the Hire vehicle, the Hirer must notify the Owner as soon as possible.
- The hirer is responsible for reporting the accident to the police.
- The Hirer is also responsible for obtaining the following details in the event of an accident occurring which involves the Hire Vehicle.
- Name, DOB, address, phone numbers, driver’s license details of any other drivers involved.
- The registration number, make, model and colour of any vehicle involved
- The name and address of details of any witnesses present at the time of the accident, and
- The Police officer’s name and station where the accident is reported.
- Images of the vehicle involved including the registration number and damage.
- The Owner takes no responsibility for the Hirers personal effects. The Owner’s insurance policy does not provide cover for the Hirers personal effects and it is recommended that the Hirer insure their own personal effects. The Owner recommends the Hire taking out travel insurance.
- The Hirer must advise the Watsons Caravans as soon as possible in the event of a breakdown. It is the Hirers responsibility to make sure that the Hire vehicle is secure at all times. Watsons Caravans will not be liable for expenditure, inconvenience, loss or damage incurred by the Hirer in the event of a breakdown.
- The Hirer is fully responsible for paying any infringements e.g. parking, traffic, toll etc.
- The Hire Vehicle must be returned in a clean and tidy condition both inside and out. If excessive cleaning is required, determined by Watsons Caravans, acting reasonably, such cleaning costs will be deducted from the Security Bond.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Hire Vehicle or under awnings and/or annexes. Smoke odour from campfires or cigarettes could result in a charge against your security bond.
- All Hire vehicles must have electric brakes.
- Watsons Caravans will not provide any refunds for the early return of the Hire Vehicle or early termination of the Hire Agreement (whether terminated by Watsons Caravans or the Hirer).
- Pets are not permitted in any of the hire vehicles.
- Tow bar specifications vary between to bar manufacturers, vehicle manufacturers and road safety groups. Watsons Caravans reserves the rights to refuse to hire to a hirer with a Towing Vehicle that does not satisfy the Owners safety requirements (for example, where the load weight limit of the Towing Vehicles tow bar in insufficient for the safe towing of the hire Vehicle).
- All Hire vehicles are fitted with 12-pin plug. The towing vehicle must also have a 12 pin flat plug socket fitted in good working order, wiring for electric brakes (if the Hire vehicle has electric brakes), 12v hotwire power to allow the fridge and internal lighting when towing.
- Watsons Caravans may assist with loading techniques however, the ultimate responsibility is with the Hirer.
FIRST AID KIT
- A first aid kit is supplied in every hire Vehicle. If the seal is broken or the kit is not returned, the kit becomes the property of the Hirer and a $50.00 fee is charged when the Hire Vehicle is returned.
ONE WAY HIRE
- This option is not available – Hire Vehicles must be collected on the pick-up date and on the return date to Watsons Caravans Coffs Harbour. For any Hire Vehicle not returned and needing retrieval, the Hirer will be charged $140.00 per hour travel each way plus the peak daily hire rate applicable at the time.
- If the van is not returned to Watsons Caravans within an hour of closing an additional daily fee will be charged.
- Any request by the Hirer for an extension of the Hire Period will be at the discretion of Watsons Caravans and will depend entirely on booking levels and availability.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
- The Hirer uses the Hire Vehicle at the Hirers risk at all times and the Hirer releases the Owner to the fullest extent permitted by law for any and all loss to person and/or property howsoever sustained by the Hirer’s use of the Hire Vehicle.
- The Hirer indemnifies the Owner for all loss, costs, damages, expenses, suits and/or claims incurred or made against the Watsons caravans relating to the Hirers use of the Hire Vehicle.
- If any clause or provision of this Hire Agreement is invalid, illegal, unlawful or other side incapable of enforcement, that clause or provision will be read down only to the extent necessary to make it valid, lawful and enforceable.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words have the meanings set out below-
- Accessories means the accessories supplied with the Hire Vehicle by Watsons Caravans and listed in the Hire form.
- Hire Agreement means the Hire form read together with these Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Hire Form means the Hire Form attached to these terms and conditions.
- Hire Period means the period set out on the Hire Form
- Hirer means the Hirer described in the Hire Form and includes any additional Driver (if any) described in the Hire Form.